This is a must-have-on-your-shelf kind of medicine. It’s comprehensive, meaning that it really provides comfort and relief for a broad range of cold symptoms including nasal congestion, cough, sore throat and sneezing.* Its ingredients are classic, well-proven homeopathic remedies that do their job well!
Hyland’s DEFEND Cold & Cough is FSA/HSA eligible.
Temporarily relieves the symptoms of the common cold including nasal and chest congestion, runny nose, cough, sore throat and sneezing.
Active Ingredients & Purposes
- Allium Cepa 6X HPUS
- watery, runny nose, cold, hacking cough, painful throat
- Hepar Sulph Calc. 12X HPUS
- cold, sneezing
- Hydrastis 6X HPUS
- rattling/tickling cough, sinus congestion, dry/raw/sore throat
- Natrum Muriaticum 6X HPUS
- dry cough, sore throat
- Phosphorus 12X HPUS
- hoarse/dry cough, nasal congestion, chest congestion
- Pulsatilla 6X HPUS
- moist cough, cold, nasal congestion
- Sulphur 12X HPUS
- chest congestion, nasal congestion, sneezing, runny nose
"HPUS" indicates the active ingredients are in the official Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States.
Citric Acid USP, Glycyrrhiza Extract, Purified Water USP, Sodium Benzoate N.F., Vegetable Glycerine USP.
As with any drug, ask a doctor before use if pregnant or nursing.
Consult a physician if:
- Symptoms persist for more than 7 days or worsen
- Inflammation, fever or infection develops
- Symptoms are accompanied by high fever (101°F)
- Cough tends to recur or is accompanied by high fever, rash or persistent headache
Keep this and all medications out of the reach of children. In case of accidental overdose, contact a medical professional or a poison control center immediately.
Do not use this product for persistent or chronic cough such as asthma, smoking or emphysema or if cough is accompanied by excessive mucus, unless directed by a licensed health care professional.
A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition.
Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat accompanied by high fever, headache, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use if imprinted tamper band is broken or missing.
There have been no reports of interactions between this product and ibuprofen or acetaminophen.
In case of emergency, contact a medical professional or poison control center immediately.
Hyland's may also be contacted for emergency information about our products 24 hours a day, 7 days per week at (800) 624-9659.
- Measure only with the dosing cup provided
- Do not use dosing cup with other products
- On dosing cup, tsp = teaspoon
Adults and children 12 years and over: 15ml or 3 teaspoons up to 6 times per day (every 4 hours) or as directed by a licensed health care professional.
Children 6 years to under 12 years: 10 ml or 2 teaspoons up to 6 times per day (every 4 hours) or as directed by a licensed health care professional
Children 2 years to under 6 years: 5 ml or 1 teaspoon up to 6 times per day (every 4 hours) or as directed by a licensed health care professional
Questions or comments? (800) 624-9659